Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Ukraine Train

Cairo Connie's sister-in-law and brother-in-law are leaving for the Ukraine in 10 days to adopt their 11th child. She chronicles her journey in her blog, The Ukraine Train. You can donate to help them reach the adoption fees through a site called Reese's Rainbow. Having one child can be challenging, but 10, soon to be 11 children is amazing. Denis, also has special needs. They have already found doctors to care for him when they get him back to the States.

When I look at Ian, my heart breaks for children that are alone. Every child should have a parent whose eyes light up when the child enters the room. Adoption requires hefty up-front expenses. If anyone reading this, has anything to spare. Please help them bring Denis home.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Thank you for spreading the word :-) I am praying every day that time can go by faster, so Dennis can make it home with his new family!!

Mama Seoul said...

What a commitment to have 11 children! I hope that things go smoothly and I will be thinking about them!

junglemama said...

Thank you so much for you encouraging and supportive words. I appreciate it. I will be back to read more of your blog because you are on quite a journey yourself! :)

Mama Seoul said...

I am in awe of your family and enjoy reading about your journey. Safe travels!