Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Benefit of Toddler nursing

After modeling yesterday, one of the other moms e-mailed me to say her daughter had a fever. Ian was fine until dinner time and then his fever appeared. He went to bed early and slept through the night. Today, he still had a fever, but was very active otherwise. He wouldn't eat or drink very much, but he did nurse a lot. "Iss molk time now." You can give a toddler water, but you can't make him drink. I was glad to be able to keep him hydrated without stress.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Breastmilk is magic medicine! I found that when there was a bug that went thru our whole family, the nursing baby would be the one who suffered least. Even when I was fevery and ill, I could still hydrate and keep healthy the one (or two) nursing. I sure hope Ian feels better soon.