Saturday, September 6, 2008

Review: Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy

Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy includes: Breathing and Core Awareness (5 minutes); Cardio Workout (20 minutes); 1st & 2nd Trimester Toning (20 minutes); 3rd Trimester Toning (20 minutes); Bounce Back Fast Post Natal Workout (10 minutes).

I did the first three sections since I am in the second trimester (yay!). The breathing and Core Awareness segment covers kegels and your abdominals. It is a good reminder of things to do throughout the day.

The Cardio Workout section did get my heart rate elevated, but it is a lower impact workout that Fit Mama or Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix. If you aren't used to working out or having a lower energy day, this is a good cardio workout. Otherwise, you might want to pep it up, add some hops to raise the impact (if your doctor feels you can do it and you follow the exertion guidelines).

The 1st & 2nd Trimester Toning section was great. I really liked it. You can just consider the Cardio section to be a long warm up for it. I like to have variety in my dvd workouts and I will definitely add this dvd to my rotation.

Next up, The Perfect Pregnancy Workout with Karyne Steben.

No comments: