Friday, September 19, 2008

No Ballot in My Absentee Voting Packet

I just received my absentee voting packet today. It contained the postage paid return envelope, the ballot envelope, instructions to mark the ballot asap, a write-in ballot, the referendum explanation, but guess what? No ballot! I am pissed! I am out of minutes on my calling card so I will have to wait until Tuesday to call. Curt still hasn't received anything from Texas and we mailed his earlier.

Why does everything have to be so hard?

6 comments:

Connie said...

Typical. Absentee ballots are too much of a joke and they really shouldn't be. We haven't rec'd anything!

Elita said...

Do they even count the absentee ballots? The one time I voted absentee was in the 2000 election. I live in Florida so my vote didn't even count. Not that it mattered, I guess. Bush had already stolen the election (can you tell I am still bitter?)

Mama Seoul said...

From what I understand, they count the number of absentee ballots, but don't use them to declare a winner unless the number of absentee ballots is greater than the difference between the candidates. They do use them for the official, final vote total.

Connie said...

I'm a native Floridian too, and although my last election was out of the DC area, I was also a bitter absentee voter for most of my 'away' life. I think the voting on the propositions counted though.

Mama Seoul said...

I was in DC for Bush's Inauguration. Went to the protest and helped do PR for the protest. It is amazing how different it looked on tv than in real life. There were lots of protesters, they out numbered supporters in some areas even though the police tried to keep them out.

Mama Seoul said...

In DC your vote REALLY doesn't count because there's no State Rep or Senator with voting authority.