Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dongdaemun Yarn!

Sarah and I went to the craft market at Dongdaemun (Dongdaemun Station, exit 8). They have a great selection of yarn from all over the world. Of course, I liked the expensive stuff. It actually isn't bad when you break it down per ball, but you have to buy in bulk, so I bought two packages of ten balls. This is not a place for strollers so luckily I got Ian into the CDC and went without him. Sarah and I spent our money quickly and went to an early lunch. We had a nice long lunch at an Indian restaurant and then I headed back to base. I had enough time left to go to the commissary to get some things for Ian's party and I still picked Ian up a little early. They should be adding more slots in Hourly Toddler so I might be able to get in more often.

Ian hasn't been to the CDC in a few months because it is so hard to get in these days. He cried a little bit when we parked the car, but I explained to him that he was going to school to play and I was going shopping. I said,"You don't like shopping. You will have fun at school." He stopped crying, walked into the classroom and didn't look back. I am happy about that. Makes me think the transition back into Montessori in January will be much easier this time.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Glad that Ian is having fun at day care. It is good that he gets to go play - and you get to go shop for YARN!