Friday, September 12, 2008

Foiled! (By Myself and Others)

I had the babysitter come today so I could go to yoga to start using the 24 classes I need to use by the time we leave for Christmas. I had her come early to give me plenty of time to get there, but she was early on top of that, so I had lots of time. She took Ian out to the playground and I made my escape. I stopped at Starbucks on the base for a green tea and to kill some time. I made some lists and hung out and then made my way to yoga. I would still get there well before class started. I was almost there, but I turned onto the highway instead of the bridge! I have no idea why. I got turned around while trying to back track and then I got turned around again. I finally made it only to discover that the studio is closed this weekend. I should have guessed that because Chuseok is coming up. Annoying!

So I headed back to base to hit the commissary and I missed my turn on the way back. Again, I had ti turn around a few times to get back on track. I did my commissary run and got home a lot earlier than expected. I can't find Ian and the babysitter. I called, but no answer. I wonder where she took him. I am going to have to make it clear that I don't want to him to go anywhere besides the playground by the building and someone else's apartment in these buildings. It is 11:30am and I said I'd be back by 1:30pm so I am not too worried, yet, but it is a bit disturbing.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, that's too bad. But you're a really brave woman to be driving around Seoul like that! Where were they?

I'm on my way to the in-laws for Chuseok (today and tomorrow). It's going to be tiring.... wish me luck.

Happy Chuseok!

Mama Seoul said...

The yoga studio is in Apgujeong. I know exactly where it is and how to get there. It is very easy, but I was daydreaming and my car was on auto pilot and went the wrong way.

Ian and the babysitter came back. Ian wanted to ride the bus because no kids were out and so she took him! I did tell her that in the future I would rather they stay around the apartment building.

Have fun! Don't let them slip you mugwort! I bet your are going to swarmed with older ladies rubbing your belly since you are now showing.

My sono is October 15. Hopefully, I will find out the sex. I need to find out before December 17 when I leave b/c the midwife doesn't do sonos. Or, I will be surprised I guess!

I am almost finished with the second baby hat and I finally figured out why I kept ending up with too many loops. It said K1 (K2tog, K4) 13 so I was doing K1 K2tog K4 repeating the whole thing instead of just doing K1 once so it would be an even number.

After I finish this hat, I will try the booties. I have a lot of hat and bootie sets to make, but I think I should start on the sweater next.

Connie said...

We call what you were doing, zen driving. You just get in the car, and go. Most of the times you get where you want, sometimes, you just, go.

Sorry the day didn't work out as planned.