Thursday, September 4, 2008

Namdaemun, Now This is Shopping!

I went to Namdaemun with friends, Sharon and Hrwrni. We all had our kids, but Sharon has a driver which made things easier. We went through one children's mall and one toy store. We all agreed it would be much more fun to come back without the kids. I bought a little outfit for Ian for 25,000 won ($25). That was not a bargain, but it was cute and I wanted something a little funky for a birthday outfit.
Then, I bought a pair of jeans for 5,000 won ($5) and two long sleeved t-shirts for $3,000 ($3) won each. Now those are the kind of bargains I am talking about!


I brought the stroller because I can't carry Ian anymore and he can't be trusted to stay right with me. Namdaemun is not stroller friendly. Leave the kids if you can.

Ian seems to be a size 5 in Korean sizes. He is a 2T/3T in US sizes. 2T fits right now, but I've bought some 3T things that I will just roll up the legs and hopefully they will last through the spring that way. One of the shirts I bought was a 7, but it was smaller like the 5 in the other style of the same brand shirt. Maybe it was a girls shirts, but it was unisex enough to buy. Sizes here seem even more random than in the US, so just use it as a guide. I plan to take a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt that fit Ian or are a little big to use to compare to the things I buy for him next time. Also, I've heard that people have found maternity clothes there so maybe we can check those out last time.

My friends both have daughters so I had fun looking at all the cool/sweet dresses and hats for them. Leggings are really big this year, they even have leggings for boys that go with shorts, but I think that is a little too much, even for me. We'll see.

To get there by metro take Line 4 to Hoehyeon Station, Exit 4. Walk straight out of the exit make a right turn at the first alley way.Almost immediately you will find several bldgs in a row to your left that carry lots of children's clothes. Each building is divided into smaller stalls, carrying different styles of clothes, and some are dedicated just to "formal" clothes, including button-up shirts for boys, tuxedos, suits, etc., along with girls' dresses.

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a cutie! Love the outfit :-)