Sunday, June 1, 2008

6 Random Things About Me in Seoul

Cairo Connie tagged me for the expat 6 Random Things Meme:

1. My son is a model for children's clothes catalogs here in Korea. It happened accidentally when he was "discovered" at our hotel playground.

2. I learned to love Korean food in Germany when I was in 6th and 7th grade because my best friend's mother was Korean and cooked A LOT!

3. Seoul is very hilly and I am putting my Inglesina Zippy stroller (my old stroller, not the one ordered in March that is better designed for this type of terrain, no that one is still missing) to the test going up and down all the curbs, hills and stairs.

4. I take yoga at a very swanky Korean studio in a very swanky area. I laugh every time I go and valet my Hyundai Tucson.

5. My silver Hyundai Tucson, which was purchased before we knew we were going to Korea, fits in perfectly as there are lots of Hyundais and most cars are black, white or silver. Gotta love those brightly colored Smart cars for breaking up the monotony of our view.

6. I still can't speak or read Korean, yet, but an example of how far making an effort will take you: Ah Nyoung Haseyo is hello, one of the few words I know. Since being in Korea, I saw a Simpson episode where they had Tom Jones covered by Koreans,"Ah Nyong, Pussy cat, Whoa-o-o-o-o-o!" It was awesome to recognize a Korean word randomly. My plan is to workon Korean this summer.

I don't know enough active bloggers for tagging, so if you are reading this and want to participate, please do so and let me know by commenting here.

No comments: