Friday, May 23, 2008

Cheers to Soy!

I'm on a role! Inspired by Ian's drinking of half a juice box size box o' soy milk yesterday and my need to reduce the amount of diet soda I drink, I decided to give us both soy milk with dinner. I call it "soy" because "milk" to him is breastmilk and any association of milk with non-breastmilk has caused a complete refusal in the past. As I was getting dinner ready, he was watching me in his Learning Tower. I poured myself a glass of soy and drank from it. He took notice immediately and wanted to try so I gave it to him and just said,"Two hands," for him to use two hands on the glass when he drinks. He drank it!

Then, at dinner, I put some in his cup and some in mine and clinked our cups together and said,"Cheers," and took a drink. He loved this game and drank as well. He even said,"Cheers."

I am going to start giving us soy at lunch and dinner. He has been drinking some orange juice at breakfast.