Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's All Starting to Make Sense

I drove to the base today to drop Ian off at hourly care. His body crumpled and he let out a weak cry of anguish as he realized what was about to happen. He was shreiking and kicking and screaming,"Mama!". I cried a little in the car, but I kept going. I drove to the yoga studio and valet parked my car. For 2,000 Won I can valet park right at the building. That is cheaper than taking the metro. I arrived about 30 minutes early so I just took my time to relax and prepare for the class.

The class was not hot yoga, but the room was still pretty hot, I sweated a lot again, which is good because I don't usually sweat. The class was 90 minutes but I left 15 minutes early to make sure I had enough time to get back to pick Ian up. I made one little mistake on the way back, but I recovered and picked him up on time. They had bulgogi and rice for lunch. Ian had two helpings and was playing in the Gross Motor Room when I went to get him. He didn't want to leave. That made me feel much better about the earlier crying.

I called Curt to check in on his Georgia unpacking progress and Ian fell right asleep. Then I went to return the items we borrowed from the Lending Closet, but they were on lunch until 1:30pm so I got lunch for myself and then checked the price on Kitchenaid Mixers at the PX. We thought we had one, but so far, Curt has only found the attachments. If it isn't there, it is gone so we need to get one.

Afterwards, I went to check on the price of GPS. It is $545, but it is entirely in English and has Korean in it. I thought it was going to be about half that cost, but they were out of stock so I have some time to think about it and look around. I will definitely feel more confident driving around with one in the car, so I do think I want to get it.

Finally, I returned the items to the lending closet. It is good to get them out of the house before anything gets lost or broken. Another big one off the list!

When we got home, with one small navigational mistake, we took Roxxy to the playground and she and Ian played for awhile. She is doing better being out of her kennel when we are gone for very short amounts of time, like taking the trash out, but she isn't ready to be put when we are gone for a few hours. She has a very large kennel, but she would still enjoy herself more on the outside. As soon as she stops freaking out and peeing in the house when we are gone, she will regain her freedom. She did this when we got to Egypt as well. It is part of her process.

I had such anxiety about driving today that I almost backed out of it and didn't go, but I forced myself to go. I always feel better after I do something I dread, but I was really dreading this, especially because I didn't allow enough time for getting lost when I booked the babysitting and they couldn't extend my time. I solved that by leaving 15 minutes early and it all worked out. The yoga is really kicking my butt. I need to take some before pictures, because a month of this is bound to have some visable results.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Whoo-hooo! You're mobile! Now that's a milestone! :-)