Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lotus Lantern Parade





Today kicks off a week long celebration for Buddha's birthday. There are colored lanterns hanging everywhere and tonight was the Lotus Lantern Parade. I love doing new things and knowing new things. I hate the process of learning new things and going somewhere when I do not know what to expect or where to go. I asked Ian if he wanted to go and wwent about getting myself ready. I was still undecided when I realized Ian was missing. After searching the house, I found him by the front door in his stroller, ready to go. He wasn't scared. He had complete confidence in me. So, I decided to suck it up and go. Just go slowly and not worry about the fact that where we were going had no elevator at the metro and lots of stairs. The Koreans are usually very helpful when they see someone struggling with a stroller. I planned to go slowly and get there when I get there.

As is almost always the case. I am glad I went. I feel empowered. We saw some of the parade as well as stage performances and ate some street food. We had Kimchi Pancakes and Fish on a Stick in a Sweet and Spicy Sauce. Ian would take bite and then rub his tongue with his hand and say,"Pice". And then take another bite.




1 comment:

Connie said...

What an adventure! I bet the parade was wonderful to watch. :-) Ok, it was funny to hear of Ian getting himself in the stroller to go.. but I am sure that his going 'missing' was one of those heart-stopping moments that only a parent truly understands. I think I got a sympathy grey hair just reading it.