A few days ago, I was contacted by a researcher from the Travel Channel's Bizare Food with Andrew Zimmern. The show is coming to Seoul and they were looking for restaurant/market/bizarre food suggestions. Since I am fairly new, I referred this request on to some Korean friends. There is a lot of great and strange food here that I have eaten but as far as the best places to go, I am not the one to ask, yet. If anyone reading this blog has some suggestions for specific places for:
1. Royal Court Cuisine
2. Temple Cuisine
3. Where they can eat live squid
4. Silk worms
5. Where they can see kimchi being made
6. Good places for street food
7. Restaurants with strange (for Americans) menus
8. Rice cakes
9. Anything else of interest
I will forward the suggestions to the researcher.
I have never seen the show but some of the people in Korean class had and liked it.