Monday, April 14, 2008

Ian Drinks Soy Milk!

Ian has refused cow's milk. I have tried to get him to drink soy milk and called it "soy" instead of milk. He has taken one sip before, but not drank in any quantity. I've noticed lately that if Curt does something before Ian, Ian will do it also. For some reason, it doesn't work nearly as well if I try that method. So, both yesterday and today, I had Curt drink soy milk out of Ian's cup and then Ian drank the soy milk! Still, not a large quantity, but at least an ounce both times. This is a big step. I think my mistake with cow's milk was calling it "milk". He knows what milk is and that is not what he expected. Still, soy is good for him so if he drinks it instead of cow's milk, that is fine with me. I am not in a hurry to wean (he sure isn't either), but I want to make gradual progress.

1 comment:

Connie said...

My kids weaned at about 3yo. I offered cow milk at 12mos to each. Brian grabbed his cup, toddled over and got a cookie - DUNKED it - he did NOT learn that from me, and his daddy was overseas. Apparently dunking is a natural instinct! He loves milk. Honor hated milk from the word go, and still will not drink very much - not even with chocolate. Nor will she touch yogurt. Fortunately, she eats piles of broccoli, as well as cheese, oranges, beans, and other calcium rich foods. I wish we lived in a place where we could try other milks. I hate milk too (and it hates me), but I like goats milk. Good luck!
Thanks for the link to the crockpot blog, I am going to use it :-) and I have already found a help from the flylady site. The Riley hints for kids will be great - I have been trying to come up with fresh ideas for my kids. We have them do 'family' chores, teamwork stuff, but they are also getting old enough for allowances - and I don't believe in freebies! I think I can use these hints as dollar deeds or something. Gotta think about it...