Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Going Postal on the Mail Room

We just discovered that the mailroom did not have our names (even though they were submitted three times) and they sent back two large packages. They did not keep a record of where they were from so we don't know for sure which packages they were, but they were either the new king sized sheets and blanket for the new bed, the new towels or the new stroller.

I sent e-mails to the sheets and towels company as well as the stroller company saying if they got the packages returned to them to send them back to us. I am furious because I want the merchandise and have been waiting for it and also because I will have to pay postage three times to get these items. I told Curt that we need to turn the postage into the government and they need to pay because it was their error. I am really upset that they didn't take more time to figure out who the packages belonged to before sending them back. Large packages aren't like junk mail. It is probably going to take months to resolve this.

People are both clueless and careless and it is disgusting. I want to go track down this guy and have him say to my face why he didn't have the info that was submitted three times. Jerk. But if I do that, I will probably never get any packages or get them late. I feel powerless and angry.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh! Grrr! Why is there always at least one absolute moron in the mailroom?! Makes it hell on the customers, and makes it hell on the GOOD people who work there too... but there always seems to be some idiot that gets stuck in there because nobody else wants to deal with him/her anywhere else. Rrrr! One way to deal is find something good about one employee from the offending office. Write up a true, glowing report and submit it to the immediate supervisor (and Cc: as high as reasonable). Hardly anyone writes positive feedback. It doesn't hurt to have your name in the pot as one of the few who will do so. Word gets around. Cheesy, I know, but from a mercenary point of view, whatever works! Good luck - what a pain!

Mama Seoul said...

I found out that this idiot sent out an e-mail over Christmas asking if anyone knew Person X. Turns out, Person X has worked in the District for over 20 years, many of which in the same building as this guy. It is very frustrating.

Complimenting is a good idea. My husband is very good about that. I made a police complaint a couple months ago and in the complaint I also gave positive feedback of another guy.

Good news is that the stroller company said if they get the stroller back they will resend it at no charge to us. The company we ordered the sheets/blanket and towels from said they would send out replacement shipment today and that if we received duplicates to send one set back. That is awesome since they haven't received the packages back, yet, but I really think those were the ones because the guy said they both had my name on them and those were the only packages with my name on them. But I am not sure if I believe the guy.

Ugh!