Thursday, April 24, 2008

Free Translation/Information in Seoul

I went to the American Women's Club Newcomer's coffee last week and they told me about two really cool services:

Seoul Global Center E-mail: hotline@seoul.go.kr / hotline@sba.seoul.kr or call: 02-1688-0120
1330- Dial 02-1330 from a cell phone or just 1330 from a landline in Korea or +82-2-1330 from abroad.

If you have questions or need translation, you can call or e-mail and get an answer. I e-mailed about Bikram Yoga and got a response in just a few days.

More on Bikram after I visit Pure Yoga Studio (In Apgujeong across from the Galleria on the 4th floor). The other place, California Wowx Gym is having management issues and was closed when I walked past it this week. The SGB said CWX was "unavailable due to management issues". I also saw a sign for "Hot Yoga" across from the Shinsa station but I was on the wrong side of the street and have heard that the ones labled hot yoga are not very hot or good.

If you are new to Seoul or not new, but don't speak or read Korean, these services can really help. The website for Pure Yoga has all the relevant information in Korean or you have to log-in and I couldn't figure out how to long in. I think it requires the Korean identity number, but I am not sure. Could just be my technical and linguistic incompetence.

No comments: