Thursday, April 10, 2008

Domestic Goddesshood, Here I Come!

I am going to try the Fly Lady System. She says some things that my mother has said and my mom gets a lot done. My mother also clams to be very disorganized and says that a schedule is what saves her. Some of the strategies:

1. Get dressed to the shoes (or slippers in my case since this is Korea and we leave our shoes in the foyer), including doing your hair and makeup, first thing in the morning. It helps you get in the mindset for getting things done. I believe this. I also don;t usually get fully dressed unless I am going somewhere. I also don't get much done. So, we'll try it her way for awhile.

2. Clean as you go. I am very guilty of leaving things out, especially in the bathroom.

3. Set the timer and focus on a task for a set amount of time. Instead of getting overwhelmed by everything for 10 minutes, focus on one thing for 10 minutes. My mother does this as well.

Well, I will start with those things as see how it goes.

Day 1: Shine Your Sink

2 comments:

Connie said...

I believe in the 'getting dressed' part. I hadn't thought much about it before becoming a SAHM, but realize it is my job to be the mom, so, I should be as good looking of a mom as possible. During the day, I wear my scrubbies... working clothes that I get dirty. But by the time the kids and my hubby get home - I will even go get the lipstick. Weird!! Because, before actually doing this job, I thought it would be shallow and silly to fuss with myself on an housework day. But, I like it. Who knew?!

Mama Seoul said...

I think it is going to work as well so I don't feel trapped in the house. if I get ready first thing in the morning, I will be ready to go at anytime. I've already accomplished more today by doing this. It really is a paradigm shift: being a stay-at-home mom is working from home and being your own boss. It is so obvious, but at this this boss has definitely been slacking and disorganized.