Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Closer to Organized

Today, I worked on the master bedroom and closet to deal with all the clothes we got in the shipment. I was able to hang up or put away a lot of it. There are still a lot of Curt's clothes, mostly t-shirts and sweatshirts that we either need to buy hangers for and buy a dresser. I like to do a rough sort first and then a fine sort. Most professional organizers say to touch the item only once, but that stalls me and gets Curt distracted, so I do a rough sort and put "like with like". Then I focus in on each category and do the keep, toss, giveaway or repurpose categories. It is amazing how much stuff we have. Moving causes a lot of this, plus Curt's buy-in-bulk habit. We have so many clothes and nothing to wear. I got rid of a lot before the movers came and so did Curt, but there is still so much. I think another sort may be in order.

Additionally, I put all of the baby items that Ian has outgrown like clothes, the swing, pack and play, infant carseat, etc., in a storage area. I also put the Christmas ornaments in a closet and the linens in another closet. More sorting will be required, but I think I need to get everything rough sorted before we decide what furniture we need to buy. We are definitely going to need a bookshelf and desk. i am hoping we can go through the clothes enough so that we don't need to buy a dresser, but I am not sure that is possible.

We'll see. Just going to make another pizza for dinner tonight since nothing is defrosted. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my crockpot. I only used it a few times but I can see the possibilities...

No comments: