Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ian Curtis, Male Model

From Montessori in Erie to modeling in Seoul, Ian's "work" has drastically changed. While at the hotel playground, we were approached by a modeling agent. Since we are living in a hotel and don't have anything scheduled to do besides some real estate appointments, we went.

Today was his first gig. It was a catalog shoot. They asked him back for tomorrow. Sue, the agent, provides transportation and food. I need to bring some Annie's crackers because Ian ate too much junk. I don't want them to be able to trace his cholesteral level to his modeling career.

His pay today covers almost half the stroller I want (I think Bumbleride Indie). One of the children there has been doing it for 6 months. We are just going to have fun and see how it goes.

3 comments:

tanya@motherwearblog said...

How funny!

Not to put a damper on the stroller plan, but the personal finance junkie in me wants you to put the money in (gasp!) a Roth IRA for him and it'll be worth a gazillion dollars by the time he retires. Also, you can take the principal out anytime. You can start them any time for a minor as long as the money is really their earned income. Believe me, we've been trying to figure out how to put my son to work so we can do just that for him!

Okay, I know that's a wierd suggestion. Here's another question: Are you going to change your blog to Seoul Mama? That idea makes me smile!

- Tanya

Mama Seoul said...

I was thinking about the name change, but I don't know how to do that without starting a new blog. I'll have to figure that out after we find housing here and get settled in.

The investment is a good idea. We have somethings set up in his name. But, I already ordered the stroller!

Connie said...

I love your blog :-) What fun! Ian the supermodel! Nice that he can be paid for doing what comes naturally - being cute.

Putting something away for the kids, early, is always a good idea. I started accounts for both of mine when they were born, and on each birthday, I up the amount that I transfer - by $20 a month if that is all I can do. (I did just quit my job!) Some in savings, some in funds, even 509's with Upromise shopping to help. No idea if we will get to a gazillion bucks by college, but we're trying.