Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another Decision to Make

Besides choosing which villa or house to live in here in Seoul and which house to buy in Georgia, we are looking at another stroller. Curt wants a three-wheeled stroller with real tires to navigate the rough terrain here in Seoul. He wants a jogging stroller, but jogging strollers have fixed front wheels which are difficult to maneuver in city environments. Most places won't ship to a stroller to an APO so we have to figure out how to get it here. I could also explore off-post and see what kind of strollers they have here, but unless they have the same brands, I won't have access to reviews. The strollers they carry at the PX are not the type and quality I am looking for.

Some things to consider:

*Adjustable height handles
*Swivel Front Wheel
*Weight Limit
*Fold
*Additional Features
*Cost
*Size
*Expandability

I believe in baby carriers, I almost never used a stroller the first 17 months of Ian's life, but now that he is 18 months, I need a stroller. I can still use the carrier, but not for for than grocery shopping, going through the airport and short trips.

Models I am considering:

Bumbleride Indie $400 weight limit 45 lbs
Mountain Buggy $430 weight limit 100lbs
Mutsy Spider $250 weight limit 55 lbs
Phil & Ted Sport $400 weight limit 88 lbs (you can add a toddler seat)
Valco Trimode $425 weight limit 45 lbs or 90 lbs with added toddler seat

I've ruled out several models already:
Bugaboo Bee $530 weight limit 37.5 lbs: This stroller is beautiful, but it has a high cost and a low weight limit.
BOB Revolution $350 weight limit is 70 lbs: It is boring looking and only $50 less than the Phil & Ted or Valco but you can't add a toddler seat. I don't need that now, but it would be nice to have the option.
Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler $150 weight limit 30 lbs: This stroller is great looking at a great price, but 30 lbs is a very low weight limit. If the weight limit were that of the Bugaboo Bee, I would get it.
Quinny Buzz $500 weight limit: 50 lbs: cost
UppaBaby Vista $600 weight limit: 45 lbs: cost

I think Curt will like the the Phil & Ted or Valco best. I like the Mutsy Spider because it is smaller and lower cost, but it isn't designed for running. I don't think we will really do much (if any) running, but it would be nice to have the option.

No comments: