Monday, October 6, 2008

Yongsan ICE Site (Interactive Customer Evaluation)

I can and do complain A LOT, along with lots of other moms about a lot of things on the base. There is a forum to air complaints called the Interactive Customer Evaluation or ICE. Supposedly, all the complaints are seen by the Garrison Commander.

I haven't used ICE before because I didn't know where it was and didn't think it would make any difference. I still don't think it will make a difference, but like voting, you have to participate. Bitching with other moms may relieve stress but it definitely won;t change anything. Submitting a formal complaint, which you can do anonymously, might. If the right person sees it, it might make a difference. And, at least you can say that you tried to do something productive with your experience.

So, it is on my List of Pain, to put my complaints into ICE. Some of them are about horrible customer service and specific individuals. Others are more suggestions like, CDC Hourly Care. It is available from 8-3pm for toddlers and preschoolers. The spaces are so limited that you have to call two weeks ahead in the early morning, to get in. The morning slots fill fastest because the afternoon slots aren't long enough to do anything. ACS offers free Korean classes at 5:30 and there are exercise classes at 5:30, but I can't do them because Curt doesn't get home early enough and there is no Hourly Care that late. Now, the CDC is only open until 6pm, so childcare for ACS classes or workouts couldn't be provided in that way, but at least Hourly Care could go from 6am to 6pm when the regular CDC is open for the full-time kids. There was an OB orientation starting at 1pm which was scheduled to go until 4pm. I had to take Ian with me because Hourly wasn't open long enough. It ended up only lasting until 3pm, but that was still too late to be at the CDC by 3pm. Extending Hourly until 6pm would have solved that problem.

Maybe there could be another option for the exercise classes. When I went to Jazzercise in VA or to the YMCA in PA, they had a childcare center for working out. There was a two hour time limit and they could not feed or change your child (different regulations and requirements kick in if they do). If your child cried too much they would come and get you, but it worked for some people. It didn't really work for me at the time, but I think it would now.

My List of Pain goals for this week are ICE and dealing with the computer and the composter.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Good to hear that there is actually a forum! Hope it helps!