Saturday, June 19, 2010

Welcome to Summer, or ER Season as I Call It

With antics like this and this:



It is not surprising that this happened:




Except that she was on the ground. She tripped and hit her eye on the tv stand. She cried immediately. Pupils were reactive. She did not lose consciousness, but her skin was split open so we went in for a stitch. They said they could use glue, but Ian had glue for the cut on his eye and it didn't seem to do much. I told him I didn't want a cross hatch, though. He said that if the stitches are removed at the right time there won't be one. I hope he knew what he was doing. He looked like he was about 25. They had to use the baby straight jacket (they swaddled her with a sheet). She was very calm until the lidocaine. She stopped crying fairly quickly, though.

4 comments:

akoto said...

Your two little ones sure have their own special ways of signifying the start of summer! I'm glad she's alright now.

Her dress in the first first is adorable, by the way.

Mama Seoul said...

Thanks! The dress is from Baby Star. They have great sales:
http://www.babystar.com/

MommyCha said...

Oh my goodness!! Eva is a little trooper just like her big brother! ^.^
Hope it doesn't scar.
She looks adorable in her little dress! You always get the cutest clothes for Eva!

Gerry said...

Rhi did something similar while we were on holiday in a hotel. It was late, she was walking all funny and tripped head-on into the night stand which was a glass top. Freaked me out as it she landed on her eye. Luckily it was a small cut and was on her brow (which I am certain saved her from certain blindness). She had what looked like eyeshadow for a week.

My husband's response was, you can expect more of those. Thanks!