Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Warm Winter Apple Snack

It is cold and grey in Seoul today. I gave Eva some Apple Cinnamon Baby yogurt and it reminded me of the apple snack I ate almost daily the last month of my pregnancy with her. So I made it.

1. Slice apple into thin slices.
2. Toss apples with cinnamon.
3. Microwave for a few minutes until soft.

It is kind of like a low calorie apple pie filling. It is quick and simple. I like eating warm foods in the winter.
If you have more time, you can bake it in the oven. If you want more sweetness (and calories), you can add honey or sugar.

2 comments:

akoto said...

It sounds like a toned-down apple crisp. I'll definitely have to try this!

Mama Seoul said...

Very true. I was going to add that with a few more ingredients you have apple crisp, but those ingredients really add the calories.
My grandfather is a diabetic and that is why my mom started making this low-calories stripped down version. It is surprisingly satisfying with just the heat and the cinnamon.