Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two Weeks with Two Kids





It has been a great two weeks. Eva sleeps and eats and poops a lot. Like Ian, she will stay asleep or at least in bed with me as long as I nurse her. I can't advocate breastfeeding and co-sleeping enough for sanity preservation. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but give it a try!

Eva is a lot more patient than Ia. If I get her in the nursing position, she calms down and waits for me. She smiles in her sleep and actually laughed in her sleep today. Ian didn't smile or laugh for a long time. She sleeps a lot more than Ian. Ian liked to look around. If she is awake, she wants to eat. Ian insisted on being upright. She prefers to be held lying down, which is great because my husband's friend, Ruth, just sent me a Mamma's Milk Pouch. The pattern om mine is light blue dragon. It is very pretty. It is also adjustable. I love the Beco and Ergo baby carriers, but I you need an insert to use them with an infant. (The new Beco Butterfly has a built-in insert, but I have the 4th Generaton). I bought the carriers when Ian was 4 months old so I didn't need the insert because he had great head control. I do not like the carriers with the insert as well as I like them without. Since she will tolerate being carried on lying down, I tried the pouch that I made, but it just doesn't work. I think it is too small. I tried my ringslng and I just don't like ring slings. I think they are a pain to adjust. I am really looking forward to the Mamma's Milk Pouch. I think it will work really well for Eva's first few months.

As for Ian, he loves to hold Eva. He has had more meltdowns than usual, but they aren't directly about her.

We packed a lot into the first two weeks: doctor visit, zoo trip, dining out, roadtrip to Ohio, first photoshoot and baptism.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Aww! She is so beautiful! And I love the photos of Ian and Eva together... so sweet!

Elita said...

SO CUTE!!! They really look alike. I am so glad Ian is enjoying being a big brother and is protective of Eva.