Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Thing at a Time

We are getting close to our departure and I have a list of things to do and appointments to keep. Sometimes I just want to hurry everything up and get things over with, but I am trying to remind myself to take things one at a time and enjoy them. It is hard in the freezing cold to venture out, but today, I got myself to yoga and then took the metro to Myeongdong to go to lunch with the Expat Pregnancy Club.

I am down to 3 yoga classes to use and there are 6 classes that I can potentially attend before I go so I hope to be able to use them up. We did Yin Yoga today in my Heal class at Pure Yoga Studio in Apgujeong. Christina explained Yin Yoga as a passive yoga. You relax completely into the pose instead of pushing yourself for greater depth. It is really difficult, but there are a few poses I think I will try to do regularly. It is good preparation for using hypnosis in childbirth. It is difficult to relax completely but it is amazing as you stay in the pose and feel tension that you couldn't recognize before, release it and go deeper.

I've started to gather the things I want to take back to the States and put them in suitcases. I am going to try to get most of the packing done this weekend. We may need to buy another suitcase or two, but I am going to try to get by without buying anything more.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Can't you mail stuff? Will Curt be able to travel with you? Hope it all goes smoothly and you are able to get everything done that you want to and need to!

Mama Seoul said...

I have mailed some things, but it is really expensive to mail. It would be cheaper if I didn't send it priority, but I've learned my lesson with the APO and won't send anything during holiday season that isn't priority. I think it would get left on a dock somewhere.

Curt CLAIMS he is going to pack light, but he always seems to have the most stuff. We'll see. We are going to take 6 bags plus carry-ons.

MommyCha said...

It was lovely to meet and chat with you today. I'm sorry that I didn't manage to say goodbye. Hope you have a lovely week!
Cheers!

Mama Seoul said...

That's o.k. I had to pee (as usual). I will call you before I go. I am going to see Sharon today to drop off the blankets and maybe Wani too since they live in the same complex. It is one more place that I can drive to!