Sunday, September 23, 2007

Aum, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

I spent this past Saturday participating in the Global Mala Event to promote peace. Karen Ducato of my yoga studio, the Barefoot Buddha organized the Erie event. Eighteen instructors from the Erie area participated. We did 108 Sun Salutations. I was one of the official counters. We had great weather, a view of the Bay and a musical accompaniment. Money raised will be donated to the local food bank.

Ian went to the mountain camp with his grandparents and great-grandparents. I'm almost never away from him, so it was strange, but he did well with four adults chasing after him all day. I had to break out the breast pump for the first time in months. I enjoyed the Global Mala event, but it was a bit scary to be away from Ian so long.

No comments: