Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Yes, Jazzercise Still Exits

I just attended my second Jazzercise class today. This is just in time to join the Breastfeeding Babes Team in the US Department of Health's Woman Challenge.

My mother did Jazzercise in the early 80's, but I didn't know it was still around. On the way home from dinner last week I spotted the studio. The sign,"Jazzercise, On-site Childcare" caught my eye. Turns out they have childcare for $1 per child per class for the Monday-Friday classes at 9:30am. This is Ian's last week of Water Babies (M-W-F at 9:00am) and there is a Capitol Hill Nurse-In on Thursday, so I am only going Tuesday this week, but next week I plan to do M-F.

Jazzercise uses basic dance moves set to current music in a routine. The routines and music change frequently so it keeps things interesting. There's not much difference from any other aerobics class I've taken except that they pose at the end of each song. The dance moves aren't complicated if you have a dance or aerobics background, but it is enjoyable. My instructor has been doing it for 21 years and she looks great.

No comments: