Monday, May 14, 2007

Taking Care of Mama Beyond Mother's Day

Andi from Mama Knows Breast tagged me to answer the following questions:

Set aside some time during which you can relax and reflect. Sit in a comfortable spot. Try not to think too much about your answers. Once you've answered, you'll have a better idea of what you need to thrive. Ask yourself:

What do you miss most from your pre-baby life?
I take my baby everywhere I can, but I miss being able to go somewhere that he can't go without coordination.

What activity would renew, recharge, and reenergize your body?

Regular exercise. Almost all of my baby weight is gone, but I need to tighten and tone.

What activity would renew, recharge, and reenergize your mind?


I've been thinking that I should take a math class for some "mental exercise". I think my mind is a little flabby right now as well.

What activity would renew, recharge, and reenergize your spirit?

Being around friends. I have been moving (back and forth to Cairo for the pregnancy and this temporary assignment in Virginia) and traveling so much that I haven't had much time to make friends. Since I will be in Erie for the next 6 months after our time in Virginia is over (mid-June), I will be able to visit my friends in the US and Canada.

What gift can I give to myself today?

Breathing in yoga class

When you look back at this time in your life, what will you regret not doing for yourself?
I need to be more productive. Since I am not working and only have one child, I feel like I should be doing more with my time. I am enjoying being with my baby, though. I just need to find the right supplemental project.

What is one thing - however small - that you can do to make self-care integral to my week?
Start doing my hair everyday instead of just pulling it back into a sloppy pony tail. Scheduling time to exercise. With Jazzercise, I have this covered for the next month, but I need an exercise plan for Erie starting in July.

No comments: