Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Sling Daddy


I got my first issue of Mothering Magazine yesterday and it contained a detailed article on babywearing. The cover pictured a father wearing a sling so Curt decided to try it out. We need to perfect the adjustments, but it looks good on him and Ian really does love the Kangaroo Carry.

I really needed the babywearing article. Slings do seem a bit precarious at first and if you don't have them adjusted correctly, you can feel strain. I wish I would have had this article before I had Ian so I could have done a better job choosing a sling. My ring sling is cotton, but I wish it had a little bit of stretch like the article suggests. I am getting better with my sling each time I wear it. We are going on a 4 day, 3 night Nile Cruise (leaving Friday) and won't be able to take the stroller to the sites, so I am going to bring the Baby Bjorn Carrier Air , my Ella Roo Sling and the tube sling that I made. Between the two of us and those three products, hopefully, we'll be able to manage.

No comments: