Thursday, September 10, 2009

Snippets

Ian still nurses before bed and nap and Eva is primarily breastfed (has a bit of solids). Last night, Ian couldn't wait for Eva to nurse. I was laying in the dark with my two children in their striped pajamas listening to the them nurse and feeling their little bodies relax into mine.

After just two Sundays, Curt has become amazingly response to Eva's needs, even when I am home. He used to wait for me to handle things, but his confidence has just blossomed. Now, when Eva starts fussing, he takes the lead. In fact, he uses the Ergo so much that the new blue one has become his. Our setting are very different, so I will use the old one and we'll keep the new one adjusted to his settings. I am going to use the Ergo Back Pack (part of the Hands-Free System Eva and I won) as a diaper bag for Curt so he is ready to go out on Sundays.

My friend Chalica and her husband Jason helped us tremendously with the party. She told me that for Emma's party (which we missed because that was the day of our move), she ran out of time to hang the streamers and the kids had tons of fun playing with them. We hung up a few for Ian's party, but then gave the rest to the kids. They loved it! I bought two bags of balloons, but one of them had really tiny balloons. They were so small, that Jason, a musician, popped the first balloon with one breath while trying to blow it up. Luckily, the other bag had big balloons. Everyone should have a trumpet-player friend around when it is time to blow up balloons!

1 comment:

AM said...

I'll look at Ian's birthday pictures this afternoon during nap time and fix any that need fixing and throw them on a CD for you.